Monday, August 13, 2007

Taking a Moment of Pause

I'd like to dedicate this post to comic book artist Mike Wieringo, who passed away yesterday at 44. Here's the link: http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Ringo.html

I don't have much of his stuff in my collection, but Wieringo is an artist who work I have always liked; I always found it to be crisp and clean. I have a few issues of his seminal Fantastic Four run with Mark Waid, including the very last issue of that run, as well as almost all of his issues of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man with Peter David. Really enjoyable stuff. I was also a huge fan of his blog at www.mikewieringo.com, where every new post came with a lovely sketch.

I didn't know the man personally, nor was I his biggest fan, so I haven't that much to say, but I would like to offer my condolences to all his friends and loved ones.

The comics community, creator and fan alike, has just suffered a terrible loss.

No comments: