Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Toycon '07 (or, the fun side of fanboys)

Up until last weekend I was a toycon virgin, not having been to any of the five cons that have been held since the event was started in 2001.

It was a pleasant experience; though I spent most of my time manning the booth and hawking the product I'm distributing, I did manage to get a good look around (and to add to my car collection somewhat). I also had a good time watching the "cosplay" section where a bunch of geeks got up on stage dressed as their favorite pop-culture characters.

This is fanboy (and girl) hood in one of its better moments. A good time was had by all, and at the eleventh hour I even got to buy some cars cheap (always a good strategy to remember when buying stuff at affairs like this).

All in all, it was a lot of fun. I hope the upcoming Komikon in October is even half as enjoyable.

No comments: